6A Girls Soccer Playoff Qualifications
6A Girls Soccer
32-team OSAA bracket
1) Automatic Qualifiers – Twenty-four teams automatically qualify for the OSAA’s 32-team bracket based on regular season and/or district tournament play. Each league determines how they will select their allotted playoff spots.
a) PIL – 4; Metro – 4; Mt. Hood – 4; Three Rivers – 4; Greater Valley – 4; Southwest – 4
PIL - Cleveland, Wilson, Grant, Lincoln
Metro - Jesuit, Sunset, Glencoe, Aloha
Mt. Hood - Barlow, Clackamas, Oregon City, Central Catholic
Three Rivers - Sherwood, West Linn, Tualatin, St. Mary's Academy
Greater Valley - West Salem, South Salem, West Albany, Forest Grove
Southwest - South Eugene, South Medford, Sheldon, Willamette
2) Rankings Freeze Date – The rankings will freeze at 10pm on Saturday, October 21.
3) At-Large Qualifiers – Four additional teams qualify for the OSAA’s 32-team bracket based on the OSAA rankings.
a) Once the rankings are frozen, the four highest ranked teams not already an automatic league qualifier will qualify as At-Large teams.
At-Large #1 - McNary
At-Large #2 - Beaverton
At-Large #3 - Lake Oswego
At-Large #4 - Gresham
4) Play-In Model – Eight teams will qualify as Play-In teams based on the frozen OSAA rankings.
#8 @ #1 - North Medford @ Westview
#7 @ #2 - Franklin @ Lakeridge
#6 @ #3 - McMinnville @ Centennial
#5 @ #4 - Madison @ Liberty
b) The eight teams will be ranked 1-8 with the highest ranked team hosting the lowest ranked team. Same league matchups will be avoided, if possible. When a matchup of two league opponents exist there will be ONE attempt to move the lower ranked team to avoid the match up. If this doesn't solve the problem, then the matchup of the two opponents from the same league will take place. Winners advance to the OSAA 32-team bracket.
5) Rankings – Once the 32 qualifying teams are determined, they will be placed on the OSAA bracket according to OSAA Board Policy “State Championships – Rankings.”