The Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA) is searching for Fall, Winter, and Spring intern(s) for the 2018-19 academic year. These paid internships will require 8-10 hours per week; hours and start date are flexible dependent on student’s schedule. Interns will have several responsibilities and learning objectives but the focus in 2018-19 will be social media, graphic design, and sport information.
About the OSAA:
The OSAA is a non-profit organization that governs high school athletics and activities around the state. The OSAA has 19 sanctioned activities and conducts 116 state championships throughout the year. The mission of the OSAA is to serve member schools by providing leadership and state coordination for interscholastic activities.
The OSAA wants to provide a meaningful experience for all its interns. Even if working in athletics isn’t in your professional career path, you’ll learn about business organization and how to function in a small business environment.
Interns will have the opportunity to observe and participate in:
- Sports Marketing
- Social Media Planning
- Athletic Administration
- Public Relations
- Sports Information
You are qualified if:
- You are a high school junior or senior, currently enrolled in college/university or a recent graduate of a college/university
- You can think outside the box and be creative
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- You have excellent organizational skills & high attention to detail
- You are professional, personable, enthusiastic and a team player
- You can multitask and prioritize effectively
- You are a self-starter without oversight
- You communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- You have a valid driver’s license in the state of Oregon and ability to transport yourself to the OSAA offices
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references by September 7, 2018 to:
OSAA Assistant Executive Director