6A Girls Basketball Playoff Qualifications
6A Girls Basketball
32-team OSAA bracket
1) Automatic Qualifiers – Twenty-four teams automatically qualify for the OSAA’s 32-team bracket based on regular season and/or district tournament play. Each league determines how they will select their allotted playoff spots.
a) PIL – 4; Metro – 4; Mt. Hood – 4; Three Rivers – 4; Greater Valley – 4; Southwest – 4
PIL - TBD
Metro - TBD
Mt. Hood - TBD
Three Rivers - TBD
Greater Valley - TBD
Southwest - TBD
2) Rankings Freeze Date – The rankings will freeze at 10pm on Wednesday, February 21.
3) At-Large Qualifiers – Four additional teams qualify for the OSAA’s 32-team bracket based on the OSAA rankings.
a) Once the rankings are frozen, the four highest ranked teams not already an automatic league qualifier will qualify as At-Large teams.
At-Large #1 - TBD
At-Large #2 - TBD
At-Large #3 - TBD
At-Large #4 - TBD
4) Play-In Model – Eight teams will qualify as Play-In teams based on the frozen OSAA rankings.
b) The eight teams will be ranked 1-8 with the highest ranked team hosting the lowest ranked team. Same league matchups will be avoided, if possible. When a matchup of two league opponents exist there will be ONE attempt to move the lower ranked team to avoid the match up. If this doesn't solve the problem then the matchup of the two opponents from the same league will take place. Winners advance to the OSAA 32-team bracket.
#8 @ #1 - TBD
#7 @ #2 - TBD
#6 @ #3 - TBD
#5 @ #4 - TBD
5) Rankings – Once the 32 qualifying teams are determined, they will be placed on the OSAA bracket according to OSAA Board Policy “State Championships – Rankings.”