Article Photo

See below for results and highlights from all the Saturday semifinal playoff matches in boys soccer. We will add more highlights as we receive them.


Summit 2, Jesuit 1 – The Storm scored twice in the first half and held on for the win. Kyle Capdevila pounced on a loose ball off a Simon Kidder cross in the 29th minute and scored in the box to get Summit on the board first. Jack Cauble hit the back of the net seven minutes later when he beat the Jesuit keeper to a long ball played in by Rory McKee.

Forest Grove 2, Centennial 1 (O.T.)

Franklin 1, Grant 0

Cleveland 6, Reynolds 4Sergio Tinoco scored on a chip over the keeper in the third minute for Reynolds, but Cleveland answered with four stroght goals to take the lead in the high-scoring affair. Saul Sosa had two goals and an assist and Harrison Ritter West and Jett Starr also scored for the Warriors, who took a 5-2 lead at the half. Mo Mohamed’s goal in the 39th minute proved to be the game winner. Reynolds scored twice in the second half, including a second goal from Tinoco, to pull within one before Aidan Burns scored an insurance goal for Cleveland with 12 minutes to play.


La Salle Prep 3, Corvallis 1 – A long distance goal late in the first half from Edgar Monroy gave Corvallis the lead. La Salle equalized in the half’s closing seconds when Karter Cook converted a Mizael Harris cross. Luke Strange scored twice in the last 10 minutes of the match to clinch La Salle’s advancement.

Hillsboro 2, North Salem 1 – Gaby Tena Palomares scored with 34 seconds to play to send HilHi to the semis.

Wilsonville 1, Silverton 0 -- Wilsonville scored midway through the first half and held on the rest of the way in the defensive battle.

Ashland 2, Hood River Valley 0 -- Scott Gustafson hit the crossbar or lower post three times before scoring the game winner for the Grizzlies. In the 29th minute, he intercepted a pass intended for the Hood River Valley keeper and scored from close range. Ashland got insurance midway through the second half on Carson Pindell’s goal off of Gustafson’s cross. Gabe Giancarlo was stellar in goal to record the shutout for the Grizzlies.


Marist Catholic 2, La Grande 0 -- Ryan Cary scored in the first half and Torrent Adkins added an insurance tally in the second for the undefeated Spartans. Sam Bell recorded the shutout in goal for Marist.

Stayton 3, Phoenix 1 – Phoenix outshot Stayton, 12-7, but the Eagles made the most of their opportunities to survive and advance. Jayden Esparza scored at close range in the second minute to put Stayton on top only to see Phoenix answer six minutes later when sophomore Victor Martinez headed home a corner from Caden Gallegos. An own goal midway through the half gave Stayton the lead for good and the Eagles added insurance in the 62nd minute on Omar Renteria’s goal.

Woodburn 3, Ontario 0 – The defending state champs scored three first-half goals in the win.

Valley Catholic 3, McLaughlin 0


Catlin Gabel 9, Santiam Christian 0 -- Senior captain Evan Karp had a hand in creating the first four goals and the Eagles spread the scoring around during a strong team performance. Karp scored one first-half goal, as did Jed Whalen Stewart, Joshua Hamlett, Felipe Rueda and Spud Ward. Jaden Edwards found the back of the net twice in the second half. "Our midfield (led by captains Evan Karp, Spud Ward and Kai Gamboa) dictated the tempo and sprayed the ball quickly to feet, stretching the opposition and creating seams for the attack,” said Catlin Gabel coach Peter Shulman. “It was a mature, unselfish performance, and it was great to see the team keep a clean sheet while playing everyone on the roster for sizable minutes.”

Taft 2, Riverdale 1

Brookings-Harbor 4, St. Mary’s, Medford 0Fabian Villa scored twice and Brookings-Harbor found the net twice late in the first half and twice early in the second to put the match away.

Oregon Episcopal School 3, Riverside 2 (O.T.) -- Ulysses Lopez scored twice for Riverside, in the second half to give the Pirates the lead and again late in the second overtime. In between, OES tallied three time. The first, by James Lawliss with 10 minutes to go in regulation, forced overtime. Alex Ugas and Kennedy Balandi added goals in extra time to help the Aardvarks win.