On Saturday, dance teams competed at the West Albany Competition, in which Sheldon earned seven first-place finishes.
“It was the first-time the Colleens have ever finished in first-place in every division they’ve entered; five wins for the varsity Colleens and two wins for the JV Colleens,” Sheldon head coach Hillary McClintick said.
The Colleens varsity team earned first-place in Small Pom, Contemporary, Hip Hop, and Kick, and Large Novelty. The JV Colleens earned first-place in the JV divisions for Pom and Hip Hop. The JV Colleens also performed their contemporary routine for judges’ scores and feedback.
The overall high score of the day was awarded to Lake Oswego for its Large Pom routine (40.97).
*denotes team qualified their routine for the 2019 DDCA Category Championships by earning a first or second place finish and a score of 34 points.
- Large Pom: Lake Oswego* (40.97), West Linn* (37.27)
- Small Pom: Sheldon* (36.87), Forest Grove* (35.50)
- JV Pom: Sheldon (33.20), Lebanon (32.97)
- Large Contemporary: Tualatin* (38.03), West Linn* (37.77)
- Small Contemporary: Sheldon* (39.50), South Albany* (39.47)
- JV Contemporary: Sheldon (33.77)
- Large Kick: North Eugene (33.07)
- Small Kick: Sheldon* (38.43), Thurston* (36.33)
- Small Hip Hop: Sheldon* (38.47), Lebanon* (37.67)
- Large Hip Hop: Tualatin* (39.40), South Albany* (38.47)
- JV Hip Hop: Sheldon* (34.83), Lebanon (31.87)
- Large Jazz: Silverton* (37.87)
- Small Jazz: West Albany* (37.30), Philomath* (35.40)
- Modern: North Eugene (31.27)
- Large Novelty: Sheldon* (38.97), Thurston* (38.17)
- Small Novelty: Lebanon* (35.00), Philomath* (34.30)
The Dance Drill Coaches Association of Oregon will host the 2019 Category Championships at Lakeridge on Dec. 7.