COACHESSchool coaches are tremendously important educators who have the opportunity to make lasting impressions on students as they learn lifelong lessons through participation in activities. Thank you for your efforts in developing your students. We hope you'll find this page helpful in reaching your goals.
Requirements in Order to Coach High School Athletics, Cheerleading and Dance/Drill in Oregon:
- Certification through NFHS Coaches Education program (one time requirement)
- Online Concussion Management Class (required annually) - NFHS Concussion Management Course
- Online Steroid Training and Assessment Class (required once every four years) - ODE Steroid Training and Assessment
- **Cheerleading and Dance/Drill Coaches Only** Spirit Safety Clinic (required annually)
- First Aid/CPR Certification (per school district policy)
OSAA Policies and Forms OSAA policies and forms can be found by using the OSAA Handbook/Forms link (see right). Most of the questions we receive from coaches are on the following topics.
Additional Resources The following resources provide quality information on pertinent subjects for high school coaches.
Professional Organizations The OSAA works closely with several professional organizations that provide excellent resources for high school coaches. Follow the links below for additional information.